Parent Support Group
Home > The Navalites Programme > Aesthetics
General Art Programme (P1-6)
In our well-equipped Art rooms, students experience and express Art lessons through various engaging ways.
The school works with the National Arts Council (NAC) and various practicing Artist/instructors to provide greater learning experience in Art at different parts of the year.
These are the key projects that students will get to experience through their 6 years at NBPS:
• The NBPS Art Project (All Levels) – A community based art project where the entire school will be part of a collective art project yearly – previously known as the Have-A-Heart-for-Art project
• Chinese Brush Painting Exposure Programme (P3)
• Manga Drawing Programme (P4)
• Claymation Art Programme (P5)
• Project Greenway Programme (P6)
General Music Programme (P1-6)
In our Music Rooms, students experience and get excited about Music through various engaging ways.
The school works with the National Arts Council (NAC) and various practicing musicians/instructors to provide greater learning experience in Music at different parts of the year.
These are the key programmes that students will get to experience through their 6 years at NBPS:
• Introduction to Brass Instruments (P2)
• Kompang Exposure Programme (P3)
• Ukulele Exposure Programme (P4)
• Beatboxing Programme (P5)
Programme for Active Learning – PAL (P1 & 2 Only)
During PAL, students are exposed to varied and fun learning experiences in four domains: Sports and Games, Outdoor Education, Performing Arts and Visual Arts. Students also learn socio-emotional competencies such as respecting others and responsible decision making.
All our P1 and 2 students will go through these modules:
|Primary 1||Primary 2|
Our Aesthetics Co-curriculum
At Naval Base Primary school, we offer these Aesthetics CCA for our students to partake in the various Arts experience of their choice.
• Art Club
• Concert Band
• Dance Club
• Drama Club
Arts Beat Carnival
Arts Beat Carnival (ABC) is an annual event that is organised to increase our students’ exposure to different arts forms such as Visual and Performing Arts. It also creates a platform for students to showcase their talents in the aesthetic aspect. The objectives are in line with the school’s continuous effort to provide a holistic development for our students, so as to prepare them to be future-ready. This year, ABC was conducted from 15th - 20th July.Below shows a glimpse of the activities that were carried out during the week-long carnival:
1. Assembly talk on Singapore's music history
2. Viewing of students' art works at the Navalite Art Exhibition
3. Exploring with various colours, materials and tools in a collaborative art work
4. Watching and learning some dance steps from our Dance CCA members
5. Listening to and trying out some band instruments with the help of our Band members
6. Performing songs, dances and magic shows at Talentime
7. Learning and watching Wayang Kulit perforamnces put up by the Drama Club and trying out the puppets
Students had an enjoyable and meaningful time learning and participating in the various aesthetics genres!
Aesthetics Opportunities for Learning
Learning Journey – An experience at a Drama/Musical
In collaboration with the English department, All P3 students will attend a play/musical. Students learn to practice their school values and learn about theatre etiquette. At the end of the learning journey, students return back to class to write about their experiences in their journals.
The school organises 2 key art competitions every year:
- The “Navalite Compass & Bookmark Competition”
- “Project Greenway”.
For the first art competition, our students submit their designs for their student handbook, known as the "Navalite Compass". The shortlisted designs then go through a round of voting by the students and the winning entry will be used as the design for the Navalite Compass for the following year. Through this, we allow students to have greater ownership in the handbook that they bring every day.
The second competition, Project Greenway is a competition showcasing our students’ talent in designing and playing their part in saving the environment. P5 and P6 students take part in designing, making and modelling their fashion pieces.