Parent Support Group
Home > The Navalites Programme > Aesthetics
General Art Programme (P1-6)
In our well-equipped Art Rooms, students are given opportunities to explore with a wide variety of art materials and express themselves creatively during their Art lessons. The school also works with the National Arts Council (NAC) and various practicing artist/instructors to expose our Navalites to a wide variety of art genres to give them a memorable artistic experience in their 6 years with us. These are some exciting projects that students will get to experience through their 6 years at NBPS:
- Chinese Brush Painting Exposure Programme (P3)
- Manga Drawing Programme (P4) Museum-based Learning (P4)
- Claymation Art Programme (P5)
- Educational Digital Games Design (P6)
General Music Programme (P1-6)
In our Music Rooms, students not only experience singing and playing a variety of instruments during their music lessons but also learn about musical elements, music composition and music appreciation. The school also works with the National Arts Council (NAC) and various practicing musicians/instructors to provide a wide exposure of various musical genres to our Navalites at different parts of the year. These are some engaging programmes that students will get to experience through their 6 years at NBPS:
- Introduction to Brass Instruments (P2)
- Kompang Exposure Programme (P3)
- Ukulele Exposure Programme (P4)
- Beatboxing Programme (P5)
- Educational Digital Games Design (P6)
Programme for Active Learning – PAL (P1 & 2 Only)
During PAL, students are exposed to varied and fun learning experiences in four domains: Sports and Games, Outdoor Education, Performing Arts and Visual Arts. Students also learn socio-emotional competencies such as respecting others and responsible decision making.
During PAL, students are exposed to varied and fun learning experiences in four domains: Sports and Games, Outdoor Education, Performing Arts and Visual Arts. Students also learn socio-emotional competencies such as respecting others and responsible decision making. All our P1 and 2 students will go through these modules:
|Primary 1||Primary 2|
Our Aesthetics Co-curriculum
At Naval Base Primary school, we offer these Aesthetics CCA for our students to partake in the various Arts experience of their choice:
Arts Beat Carnival
Arts Beat Carnival (ABC) is an annual event that is organised to increase our students’ exposure to different arts forms such as Visual and Performing Arts. It also creates a platform for students to showcase their talents in the aesthetic aspect. The objectives are in line with the school’s continuous effort to provide a holistic development for our students, so as to prepare them to be future-ready. This year, ABC was conducted from 15th - 20th July.Below shows a glimpse of the activities that were carried out during the week-long carnival:
1. Assembly talk on Singapore's music history
2. Viewing of students' art works at the Navalite Art Exhibition
3. Exploring with various colours, materials and tools in a collaborative art work
4. Watching and learning some dance steps from our Dance CCA members
5. Listening to and trying out some band instruments with the help of our Band members
6. Performing songs, dances and magic shows at Talentime
7. Learning and watching Wayang Kulit perforamances put up by the Drama Club and trying out the puppets
8. Students (together with their fathers) putting together and designing their own ukuleles
Students had an enjoyable and meaningful time learning and participating in the various aesthetics genres!
Navalites' Got Talent
Newly introduced in 2020, students are given opportunities to sign up and showcase their aesthetics talents during recess to their peers.
Aesthetics Opportunities for Learning
Learning Journey – An experience at a Drama/Musical
In collaboration with the English department, All P3 students will attend a play/musical. Students learn to practice their school values and learn about theatre etiquette. At the end of the learning journey, students return back to class to write about their experiences in their journals.
Annually, the school organises the “Navalite Compass & Bookmark Competition” for students to submit their designs for the cover and bookmark of their student handbook, known as the “Navalite Compass”. The shortlisted designs then go through a round of voting by the students and the winning entry will be used as the design for the Navalite Compass for the following year. Through this, we allow students to have greater ownership in the handbook that they bring every day.