Parent Support Group
Home > About Us > Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
ATTIRE AND APPEARANCE
The School Uniform
Students are to wear prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed. This includes Saturdays, school holidays and for dental appointments. They must come to school in white canvas shoes and not slippers.
The Student's Name Tags
The student’s name tag must be sewn on securely.
Shoes and Socks
- Socks with NBPS logo and canvas shoes are to be worn.
- No ankle socks.
- No track/sport shoes.
- No modification to the PE attire is allowed.
- PE T-shirt has to be tucked in at all times.
- P1 & P2 students are allowed to wear their PE attire for the whole day if they have PE for the day.
- P3 to P6 students are allowed to report to school in their PE T-shirts with their school skirts/school shorts if they have PE lesson for the day.
- Hair must not be tinted, gelled or dyed.
- Short Hair: Length of hair must be above the shoulder. Hair must not touch eyebrows.
- Long Fringe must be neatly clipped.
- Long Hair: Hair past shoulder length must be neatly plaited down the whole length. Only when hair which cannot be plaited, a ponytail must be neatly tied.
- Hair bands or ribbons must be in black or dark blue in colour.
Boys’ Hairstyles/Facial hair
- Hair must not be tinted, gelled or dyed
- Fringe must be short and not touch the eyebrow
- Hair must not touch the ears.
- Hair must not touch the collar and must have a sloped or tapered cut.
- No patterns/designs are allowed.
- Sideburns, moustaches and beards are not allowed.
Fingernails should be kept short and clean. No nail polish whether coloured or transparent is allowed.
- Only simple gold or silver ear-studs are allowed.
- Friendship bands and rings are not allowed.
- No other accessories are allowed. Necklaces or pendants or bracelets of a religious nature are to be worn under the shirt/blouse.
No make-up is allowed.
- Students are to be punctual for all lessons and activities.
- Students must be seated in the hall/ parade square by 7.40 a.m.
- Students will be considered late for school if he/she is not present in the hall/parade square by 7.45a.m.
- Recess: All students are to assemble in the hall when the bell rings at 10.25 a.m/ 10.55 a.m respectively.
- Assignments are to be handed in on time.
- Students are not allowed to leave the classroom without their teachers’ approval.
- Permission tags are to be worn when leaving the classroom.
- Vandalizing the school property is a serious offence.
- No student is allowed to leave the school premises during school hours
- Running and shouting in the school premises are not allowed.
- Queue up when ordering your food/buying things from the school bookshop.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the classroom during recess unless a teacher is present.
- Keep the canteen clean.
- Consume all food and drinks in the canteen
- Obey and respect all teachers, support staff, class & student leaders and parents.
- Behave well and be courteous in and outside the school premises.
- Students are not allowed to play at the void deck in their school uniforms.
- Students should only enter the school hall unless a Teacher is present.
- Students are to behave themselves on school buses and in public.
Items Banned in School
- Computer games/Card Games/MP3 Player
- Metal rulers/Laser Pointers/Matches/Lighters
- Sharp-pointed objects and Pen Knives
- Use of mobile phones is not allowed in school.
And any items that is considered as an undesirable.
- Students should make use of the pedestrian paths and walkways wherever possible.
- Students are reminded to keep to one side when walking along the road.
- Students need to be vigilant at all times when it comes to road safety.
- When possible, students should cross a road only at designated pedestrian crossings.
- Before crossing the road, students should stop and check to see whether there are any approaching vehicles.
- If there is no traffic, students should then cross the road briskly. They should continue to look out for oncoming traffic even when crossing the road.
- While crossing the road, students should raise their right hand to signal to the motorists that they are crossing the road.
USE OF THE INTERNET
Show consideration to others’ feelings by practising good network etiquette.
- Do not post harassing or threatening messages
- Do not post insensitive and inappropriate comments, pictures or prank messages online.
- Do not use abusive/vulgar language online.
- Do not shame the name of the school or other persons online.
- Do not post photographs of students in NBPS attire in public domains, or even photographs of others without prior permission from the Principal/Vice-Principal.
- Do not use another person’s screen name or ID (impersonation).
- Do not forward other’s private emails, messages, pictures or videos without prior permission from the senders.
- Use social media or online tools responsibly.
- Acknowledge source of information/photographs/graphics/videos/ websites
- Log in with own accounts.
- Respect other online users by refraining from using abusive language
DISCIPLINE POLICY UPON VIOLATING SCHOOL CODE OF CONDUCT
|Displaying disruptive behaviour||Absenting from school without valid reason|
|Late coming||Using abusive language|
|Violating school dress code||Repeated failing to bring item when required to do so|
|Not turning in class work, homework, project, etc||Any act that adversely affects the school climate|
- Counselling by form/subject teachers/school counsellor
- Conference between teachers and parents
- Paying for item damaged upon proof of offence
- Any other appropriate action deemed necessary by Principal, Vice-principal, Discipline Mistress/Master or Operations Manager
- Recording of offence in School Offence Module upon the 4th offence (for latecoming)
- Caning (for boys) or corrective work can be used if a pupil is unrepentant
|Assaulting/Fighting||Involving in gangsterism|
|Bullying/Causing hurt to others||Stealing/Shoplifting|
|Showing disrespect for authority||Vandalising|
|Extorting from others||Smoking or related offences|
|Showing recalcitrant misconduct||Using vulgar language or signs|
|Any other serious offences that do not fall in the above categories but described by school||Skipping class/absenting from formal lesson|
- Conference between teachers and parents
- Caning (for boys only) or corrective work can be used if a student is unrepentant
- Counselling by teacher/school counsellor
- Any other appropriate action deemed necessary by Principal, Vice-Principal, Discipline Mistress/Master or Operation Manager
- Recording of offence in School Offence Module for the 1st offence
- Paying for item damaged or medical cost incurred for treatment of injuries upon proof of offence.